The Department of Biochemistry & Chemical Pathology is an important unit of Shaikh Zayed Medical Complex. It provides its valuable services to:-
Federal Postgraduate Medical Institute:
- Training courses of M.Phil (Major), MD, MS, FCPS Part 1-2 (Minor), and Diploma in clinical pathology (DCP).
- M. Phil Biochemistry and M. Phil Chemical Pathology students are trained and supervised to design research projects for their postgraduate degree.
- Hands on training on state of the art instruments and Autoanalyzers, gives them the confidence to handle these analyzers in their future professional life.
- 20 students were enrolled for M. Phil in the subject of Biochemistry & Chemical Pathology between 2010 to 2016, out of these 12 students have passed their exams and completed research work while 08 research projects are in progress.
Shaikh Zayed Hospital:
- 24 hour Diagnostic Services including Routine and Special chemistry tests.
- Department provides diagnostic Chemical Pathology services round the clock and caters for all routine and many special tests including Hormones and Tumor Markers for all Shaikh Zayed Hospital patients. Three clinical chemistry Auto-Analysers and two Immunoassay Autoanalyzer are commissioned in the department.
- In order to maintain the high predictive value of the assay methods of different tests, internal quality control is maintained and the department also regularly participates in External Quality Assurance programmes of renowned international organization
Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Medical and Dental College:
- Teaching Programs of MBBS 1st Year, 2nd Year and 4th Year.
- Biochemistry & Chemical Pathology Department is actively involved in providing services to Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Medical & Dental College affiliated with Shaikh Zayed PGMI and Shaikh Zayed Hospital. These services include teaching and training of MBBS 1st year and 2nd year students in the subject of Biochemistry and teaching of 4th year MBBS in the subject of Chemical Pathology.
- The knowledge of the subject is imparted with the help of lectures, tutorials and practicals in a manner so that Biochemistry can get incorporated into clinical sciences that the students will be learning in the upcoming years.
Shaikha Fatima institute of Nursing and Health Sciences:
- Training Courses of B.Sc Medical Lab. Technologists, Lab Assistants and B.Sc Nursing.
- Hands on training is provided to the internees coming from various universities and Hospitals of Lahore and other cities.